Important themes in this call:
- The Lambeth Call on discipleship invites Anglicans to “Learn and Learn Again” the life-giving way of Jesus in every aspect of our lives.
- The Lambeth Call also invites Anglicans to be formed by the Anglican Communion’s Five Marks of Mission as a Rule of Life – habits to acquire in our spiritual lives.
The Five Marks of Mission are to:
- Tell: To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom.
- Teach: To teach, baptise and nurture new believers.
- Tend: To respond to human need by loving service.
- Transform: To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation.
- Treasure: To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth.