Unase a la iniciativa "The Big Hello"
Iniciativa de hospitalidad para la Lambeth Conference
UK British Summer of 2022
- As an international event, the Lambeth Conference invites participants from over 165 countries across the world to be at the event in Canterbury.
- The Big Hello is the name of the Lambeth Conference hospitality programme that is being organised for the bishops and spouses travelling to the event.
- The Big Hello will see dioceses and some Anglican Mission Agency partners in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales welcoming and hosting bishops and spouses before the conference starts.
- The hospitality week gives people a chance to rest after travel, and join in with church life in their host. Many dioceses have a 'hospitality coordinator.' who is working to organise activities and programmes.
¿En qué consiste?
As well as ensuring that everyone is welcomed and enjoys great hospitality during the Lambeth Conference season, the aim of The Big Hello is to celebrate companion links shared between dioceses across the Anglican Communion.
- We want to celebrate and grow connections and relationships across the Anglican Communion, by sharing prayers and messages of goodwill.
- Participation of bishops in local church services, pilgrimages and local mission work.
- Bishops attending will discuss a wide range of topics in church and world affairs and the life of the Anglican Communion.
- Between now and the conference, we hope that people participating in the conference will share 'big hello' messages of welcome and encouragement with one another.