This Conference, saddened by the present suffering in the West Bank and Gaza Strip:
1. Affirms the importance of the Church in the exercise of its prophetic role by standing on the side of the oppressed in their struggle for justice, and by promoting justice, peace and reconciliation for all peoples in the region.
2. Affirms the existence of the state of Israel and its right to recognised and secure borders, as well as the civic and human rights of all those who live within its borders.
3. Affirms the right of the Palestinians to self-determination, including choice of their own representatives and the establishment of their own state.
4. Supports the convening of an international conference over Palestine/Israel under the auspices of the UN and based on all the UN resolutions in relation to this conflict, to which all parties of the conflict be invited.
5. Commits itself to continued prayer for Israelis and Palestinians, for Muslim, Jew and Christian, for the achievement of justice, peace and reconciliation for all.
(See further paras 36 and 48 of the Report on "Christianity and the Social Order.")